Enjoy unparalleled access to the professional IT specialists you need, when you need them.
Keep your technical headcount under control. Turn your specialist platform skills on and off as you need them.
We’ve all been there, and Cogeco Peer 1 is no exception. Your business is growing hand over fist, but at this stage you can’t justify the permanent hiring of professional service experts in every area you touch upon. For some of the time at least, your most expensive assets would be sitting idle.
Cogeco Peer 1 offers a pragmatic alternative to risky, hard-to-reverse hirings. We simply supply the professsional service specialists you need, when you need them. When the job’s done, they walk out the door and straight off your balance sheet.
The NOC’s real-time traffic analyzer systems constantly check traffic everywhere via our FastFiber Network™, providing instant alerts should any anomalous traffic patterns occur. This sharpens our response to DOS attacks, for instance, and reduces the risk of collateral damage. It’s our almost fanatical commitment to service standards that solidifies Cogeco Peer 1’s Network Operations Center’s reputation as a benchmark for the industry.
Our Professional Services allow you to be selective with your critical appointments. Hire Expert A on a permanent footing, but let us supply professional service Experts B and C on a respond-to-need basis until the need is justified.
As always, our aim is to be as flexible and accommodating as possible. It’s how we built our reputation for matchless customer service. So we’re more than happy to tie the professional skills and services we provide into your Service Level Agreement.
Here are just some of the technical and professional service specialists we can provide by hiring out expert personnel in whatever type of arrangement best suits your growing and evolving business:
- Basic Security Scan – Scan your server for the top 30 viruses and their respective variants.
- Cron Job / Scheduled Task Set Up – Create or modify existing CronJobs or Scheduled Tasks
- Database Administration Program – Cogeco Peer 1 database engineers and architects can optimize and tune your database to produce optimal performance, providing optimum satisfaction for your customers.
- OS Re-provision – We reinstall your server’s operating system in the event of it becoming irreparable. Please note that this does not include restoring data.
- OS System Service Pack/Hot Fix Installation & Update – Apply and configure all known and certified updates and hot fixes available for a specific operating system at time of request.
- Server Software Rebuild – If your server is compromised or system files become corrupt, it may be necessary to rebuild the software in order to return it to a working state. We will either rebuild the server or facilitate the rebuild through our provisioning department.
- Setting Up /Changing File Permissions – We will set up or change file permissions.
- Software Install/Uninstall – Provide professional software installation and removal. Please note that due to software requirements, it may be necessary to physically ship the software to Cogeco Peer 1 for installation. All software sent will be returned.
- Virtual Configuration – Create up to five web or FTP virtual domains or any symbolic links required.
“Our hosting business is vital to our day-to-day operation. The level of professional service Cogeco Peer 1 provides lets us assure our customers that they will never be offline due to an interruption in power, breach of security or loss of Internet connectivity. Their service and support has played a significant role in the growth of our business.”Steve Haire, Sales Manager, Iboza